Simple Summer Veggie Salad
An amazing farmer’s market haul. Lots of goodies!
This salad has been on repeat lately. Between the local farmer’s market and my small garden I’ve got going on, I’ve been getting so much amazing, nutritious produce, and some seriously delicious corn.
Organic, non-GMO, just-picked-that-morning corn on the cob. Kept raw. So good!!
But all those veggies have been going straight into this salad.
I think that it is so true… eat the colors of the rainbow! Those colors = nutrients. Our bodies’ are craving those vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, and each color has different, essential nutrients, so don’t just limit to one or two, enjoy the abundance of them all!
Tomatoes picked straight from the garden. My absolute favorite flavor!
My favorite part is the contrast of the crunch of bell pepper and cucumber, the sweet and crisp corn, the juicy tomatoes, and the creamy avocado, all with the brightness of the lime juice! Just enough to enhance the flavors, not mask the beautiful veggies.
So refreshing, so perfect for hot summer days!
Do not feel limited to the veggies that I use. These just happen to be my favorite, but I do not use the exact same veggies, or even the same amounts, each time I make this. Use what you can get the freshest and the most local!
- Onions, chopped
- Cucumber, diced or sliced
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Cauliflower, chopped into pieces
- Tomatoes, diced
- Green peas
- Fresh, raw corn, cut off the cob
- Avocado, diced
- Collard greens, chopped
- Parsley (fresh cilantro or basil are great in this too!), chopped
- Lime, juiced
- Himalayan sea salt
- Kelp flakes
- Chop all of the veggies you're using and toss together. Use as much of each as
- Juice your lime and toss into your veggies. I usually only need one.
- Mix in a sprinkle of salt and kelp.
- Add a little more juice or salt if needed.