Cherry Mango Nice Cream
One of my favorite creations for breakfast is some good ole ‘naner ice cream. So simple. Frozen banana whipped up to a creamy, delicious, soft-serve consistency ice cream. Healthy and packed full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and fiber… not to mention FLAVOR!
My brother and sister-in-law have about fifty cherry trees and I’ve been lucky enough to pick freely. I threw some into the Vitamix with the frozen bananas and some mango not realizing just how spectacular it was going to be. I mean, serious business here. It even got the jowls going!
- Ripe, spotted bananas
- Frozen or fresh cherries, I like a mix of Rainier and Bing
- Powerful blender (like a Vitamix) or food processor
- Slice ripe banana (don't make the mistake of putting them in whole with the peel! Been there, done that. It's a disaster...), put in the freezer, and let freeze several hours until solid. I typically do a big bag at a time so there is always some in the freezer!
- Once frozen, add slices (I usually break them up for easier blending) to a high powered blender or food processor, along with frozen Rainier cherries and fresh mango. The ratio I used was about ⅓ banana to ⅔ cherries and mango, but use what you like!
- Blend until SO creamy!
- Taste. Is it what YOU like? Do you want it more sweet or more tart? I made two different batches with two different mangoes. One was tart and one was sweet. I wanted my nice cream on the tart side, so I blended in some lemon juice.
ENJOY!! Like, eat it straight from the blender with a spoon… I took one bite and my mouth started watering. It’s awesome.
Head on over to my Instagram @noelle.parton and tag me if you try this out, or contact me here or on Facebook if you have questions!