Beet Hemp Milk
Hi friends! It’s been a busy week last few weeks since my last post with wrapping up this quarter. I’ve been enjoying this yummy Beet Hemp Milk lately and am excited for you to try it! Rich in nutrients – protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, plus it’s super easy and takes just minutes to blend up.
I love making dairy-free milks, especially some fresh coconut milk. Most nut milks require a nut milk bag to wring out the pulp though, which not everyone has or wants to take the time to do. Hempseeds though are amazing because they are so creamy – they can go straight from the blender to the jar. No bag required!
Hempseeds are also a powerhouse in terms of nutrition. Less than a quarter cup is packed with protein, healthy fats, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc, plus a little fiber! I feel like God always packs in so much goodness to the tiniest little plant seeds. And those seeds are given an extra boost in this recipe from all of the vitamins and minerals like potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and detox properties of the beautiful purple beet!
The flavor and color may be the best part though.
Such a pretty pastel pink for the 1st day of spring that’s almost upon us. A flavor reminiscent of that store-bought strawberry milk, but so much beyond that. A subtle sweetness and slightly earthy undertone.
Simply blended together with a few dates, squire of lemon, and pinch of salt!
Pour on oat or buckwheat porridge, use it to make chia pudding, drink it straight from a jar… or use it in savory dishes (be on the lookout for a recipe featuring it coming soon! ;))
Enjoy this super fun, beautiful and easy twist on the much-loved nut milk!
Tips for making without measurements:
- Play around with the ratios of beet and hemp seeds to water. Stream in water as you blend until you reach desired consistency. The less water used with result in more of a beet hemp cream rather than a beet hemp milk, which is delicious served almost as a whipped cream on desserts, porridge, or soups.
- If you’re unsure about the whole beet thing, start with half the amount and taste. Blend in little by little until you reach the perfect beet flavor for you!
- 1 medium purple beet, peeled and chunked
- ¼ - ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- 1-2 dates, pitted
- 1½ cups water, or more if desired
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Taste. Do you want it sweeter? Is the consistency how you like it? Blend in another date and additional water if you want it thinner.
- Pour in a jar and chill if desired, drink as, or use as part of another recipe such as pouring over porridge. Enjoy!
*For those that are new here, I personally don’t use measurements when cooking, but do provide rough estimates to guide your own cooking. My hope is that you learn to not be confined to a recipe and put your own spin on my recipes. Please contact me if you have specific questions on cooking without .
Did you make it??? Head on over to my Instagram @noelle.parton and tag me if you try this out, or contact me below or here if you have questions or comments! Would love to hear from you!
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission if you make a purchase through the link. It is at no additional cost to you! You can read more on my disclaimer page. Thank you for your support!