Apricot and Basil Nice Cream
I’ve been loving nice cream so much lately with this summer heat and all the fresh local fruit I can get my hands on. It’s literally the perfect alternative to dairy and sugar filled ice cream. So refreshing. So healthy. So quick and easy.
That includes this fun flavor combo right here. Someone had mentioned to me how delicious a peach and basil gelato was that they had tried. I thought, aha! How ’bout a little nice cream made with some local apricots and freshly picked basil from the garden? Woah! This is awesome. Basil with fruit? Oh yeah. Such a clean and refreshing treat!
- Ripe bananas
- Apricots, local and organic if possible, pits removed
- Peel, slice, and freeze your banana. I like to freeze a bag full of sliced bananas so I always have some on hand.
- Remove and let soften a few minutes at room temperature for easier blending.
- Add to your blender with apricots and basil, and blend until creamy and delicious!
- Depending on how much nice cream you're making and how prominate the apricot and basil flavor you want will determine how much you use. Start with a smaller amount, taste, and then add more if you want more! It's as easy as that! Eat it all (hard not to) or keep in the freezer. I love freezing it for just a few hours. It's like sorbet. 🙂
Don’t like apricots or basil? Try peaches or plums, or other fresh herbs like mint! Or, add some other fresh fruit that is in season right now. I’m thinking strawberries would be amazing in this!
Experiment and have fun enjoying the flavor and health that comes from whole food!