3-Ingredient Avocado Pudding
Happy Friday friends! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate… it’s all over the place right now with Valentine’s Day coming up, so I wanted to bring you my extremely simple and quick 3-Ingredient Avocado Pudding that’s so creamy, rich, and chocolately! It’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and refined sugar-free for those who want to know. 😉
For those who don’t really care, it’s delicious. and healthy. period. You only need avocado, dates, and some raw cacao powder. Added chia seeds is always a good idea too, but not necessary…
I know, you’re like, “Avocado. Really Noelle?” Yesssss. I’m not pullin’ your leg guys, the avocado makes it.
Blended to creamy goodness. My favorite part is that rich and creamy texture with all those yummy crunchy superfood toppings. I love some raw cacao nibs for even more chocolate. shredded coconut because coconut is always a good idea. hemp seeds for all those healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals. and some local bee pollen because it’s just a nutrient-powerhouse!
This is what you need to make for v-day!!!
Speaking of Valentine’s Day, can you believe that February is already almost halfway over??? Wowzers! But seriously, it’s a great time to show love to those you appreciate (something we should be doing every day of the year!), but I want to share with you about the greatest love you could ever celebrate:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
God showed each one of us the absolute greatest love… giving His Son, Jesus Christ, to die to pay for our sins, so that we wouldn’t have to. If you receive Jesus as your personal Savior, simply recognizing what He has done for you and asking Him to fill your life with His Spirit and transform you, your sins are forgiven. You are able to have relationship with the Creator of the universe (the best relationship ever available to us) and spend eternity with Him. It’s as simple as that! A gift better than any chocolate box (or pudding) or flower bouquet that is given to you! What an incredible thing to celebrate!!
Tips for making a creamy, chocolatey pudding without measurements:
- You’ll likely need some liquid to help with the blending process to get a creamy pudding consistency, but you don’t want to use too much or else it will separate and become watery. Easy fix = start blending without water and simply stream it in as you go until you add just enough to help blend.
- How much cacao powder? And how many dates? Well, that’s dependent on your taste! 🙂 Start with a small amount of each. Blend. Taste. Then add a bit more if it’s not quite sweet enough or chocolatey enough and blend again!
- A high-speed blender or food processor is a must for getting a rich and creamy final product, especially if adding chia seeds.
- Chia seeds, optional
- 1 medium avocado
- Dates, fresh or dried soaked in warm water to soften
- Raw cacao powder
- Toppings - cacao nibs, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, bee pollen, etc.
- If using chia seeds, place about a 2:1 ratio of water to seeds in a bowl to gelatinize (this will take about 5 minutes). If not, move on to next step.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor add avocado, dates, raw cacao powder, and chia seeds if using. For 3 servings, start with 4-5 dates and about ¼ cup cacao powder. If using chia, begin with 1-2 tablespoons of the soaked seeds.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute, streaming in water as needed, until very creamy and without any chunks.
- Taste. If the pudding is not chocolatey enough, mix in additional cacao powder about 1 tablespoon at a time. If not sweet enough, add more dates, blending in 2 or so at a time. If needing to blend more, use water only as needed.
- Taste again to make sure the flavor is perfect. Scoop into serving bowls and chill if desired, or top with your toppings and enjoy as is!
Did you make it??? Head on over to my Instagram @noelle.parton and tag me if you try this out, or contact me below or here if you have questions or comments! Would love to hear from you!
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission if you make a purchase through the link. It is at no additional cost to you! You can read more on my disclaimer page. Thank you for your support!